WELCOME TO OUR WEEKLY VIRTUAL ART GALLERY

The mission of the Etsy Fine Art Gallery is to highlight the fine art on Etsy, as distinct from fine craft. Not that we have a bias against fine craft, mind you. That will be for another blog. Here you will find only original fine art. Watch for new openings and special exhibits curated by Etsy fine artists. And thank you for looking. Our exhibits change every Sunday so check back often!

Mary Van Gils



I am a young artist who still has a lot to learn about life and art. Right now most of my work is portraiture, I like to try and highlight something about a person when I paint their portraits. This might be their sorrow or their beauty…anything I see in them. I plan on expanding into more conceptual and story-telling paintings soon; I must always be expanding my talent and knowledge by trying new things. I will be a freelance artist someday. At the moment everything in my etsy shop is original paintings or ink work, I don’t sell prints at the moment but all of my originals are priced quite low.

I do custom portraits and paintings, so feel free to contact me for a commissioned piece.

3 comments:

maryvangils said...

Thank you for featuring me!

paint1chris said...

Mary your work is wonderful. You have so much movement in your paintings.

maryvangils said...

Thank you Chris =) that means a lot to me!