WELCOME TO OUR WEEKLY VIRTUAL ART GALLERY

The mission of the Etsy Fine Art Gallery is to highlight the fine art on Etsy, as distinct from fine craft. Not that we have a bias against fine craft, mind you. That will be for another blog. Here you will find only original fine art. Watch for new openings and special exhibits curated by Etsy fine artists. And thank you for looking. Our exhibits change every Sunday so check back often!

Angela Hogan



I am largely self-taught, and have been drawing and painting for as long as I can remember - when it's going well, I find painting almost meditative - I can get quite lost in my work!
My inspiration comes from many things, including color, texture, and nature. I am also finding that I am increasingly fascinated by found papers and ephemera - I'm an avid collector of "rubbish!" I love the feeling that something I'm using has a history or some kind of imprint from it's previous life.
There are themes which I seem to unconsciously come back to in my work - certain colors (red and teal often feature!), keys, hearts, trees and feathers. I work mainly in acrylics and mixed media, and my work has been shown in various locations in the UK.

3 comments:

Dan Felstead said...

Angela,
I can get lost in your work as well! Especially "October" for me. So simple but I find myself spending time musing on what it must be like to be there. I also like your color choices.

Dan

artangel said...

Dan thanks so much for your kind words! I love that you could imagine yourself in the landscape of "October"!

paint1chris said...

Angela, a great sampling of your work. I am drawn to your Curious Treasures piece. Very effective.

Chris